Message from Mike
It was an exciting school year for all of us here at Western Sierra. 2015-16 offered us our 4th senior class and a break-through for our athletic programs.
The Western Sierra middle school and high school athletes competed on 25 different teams throughout the year. We added high school girls softball and a swim team that had 3 athletes compete. This past spring, we launched a high school football program. The team is working hard this summer and will compete at the jv and varsity levels in the fall.
Each league championship team or individual receive a banner to recognize their success. These banners symbolizes excellence and team work which is displayed in our gym. This past school year the middle school teams and the high school teams dominated overall performances. Here is a list of champions and CIF playoff teams:
- Girls Volleyball -- CIF D5 Playoffs
- Cross Country -- State Finalist-Girls
- Boys Soccer -- repeat league Champions and CIF D5 Playoffs
- Boys Basketball -- League C0-Champions and CIF D5 Playoffs
- Girls Basketball -- League Champions and D5 League Playoffs
- Baseball -- CIF D7 playoffs
- Girls Soccer -- CIF D7 playoffs Semi-Finals
- Track -- Combined Boys and Girls League Champions
- Track -- Girls League Champions
- Swim -- JV Section Champion 200 and 500 Free
- Girls Basketball -- Both 7th and 8th grade league champions
- Boys Basketball -- 8th grade league tournament champions
- Girls Soccer -- League Champions
- Boys Grass Volleyball -- League Champions
- Girls Volleyball -- 7th grade League Champions
Congratulations to all student athletes for their individual and team performances. At Western Sierra, we strive for excellence in everything we do. Earning championship banners is yet another symbol of the dedication, focus, and work ethic that our athletic programs emulate.
Leadership - High Performance - Student-Athlete Excellence - Character Development
ALL ARE ACTING UPON OUR VISION!