Work Permit Process
- You must receive a job offer.
- Get your work permit application filled out (CDE Form B1-1), signed by a parent and your employer.
- Complete Permit (CDE Form B1-4) by filling in personal information and signing.
- Bring both forms into the College and Career Center to get approved and signed.
- Allow up to 2 days to be properly processed
- Check back with Mrs. B for the signed permit
- Bring the Work Permit to your employer.
- Please note, WSCA is not open all summer. You may get your form signed by the District Office for the month of July. Contact Brigid Perakis (email@example.com) for District Office permits to be signed. WSCA will be open on August 1st.
- With the current school closures due to COVID-19, please email Brigid Perakis (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a time for permits to be signed during the summer break
General information about work permits:
- You must have a work permit from your high school in order to have a job.
- For assistance with completing the paperwork, contact Mrs B (email@example.com) (excluding summer break)
- Work permits are renewed annually at the start of school or when a student obtains a new job.
- Work permits serve as an age certificate and state the maximum hours a minor may work.
- Students have restricted working hours depending on their age
- You must attend school full time (except for summer vacation) and cannot be truant.
- All minors must be covered by Workers’ Compensation, including minors employed by businesses operating from a private residence.
- It is illegal for your employer to fire or punish you for reporting a workplace problem.
- Permits can be rescinded by poor or failing grades and unexcused attendance.