Step 1: Declare Intent to Return: Login to your family’s SchoolMint account at https://rafos.schoolmint.net/signin to indicate your student’s intent to return to
Western Sierra next academic school year. Contact Donna Walsh, Admissions Technician, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Returning WSCA families need to indicate their intent to return by January 31st.
- All other families interested in Western Sierra should go to this link: Application Information.
Step 2: Students Plan Course Requests- Students will receive course planning/college prep advising presentations and course request materials
during class, so attendance these days is very important.
- It is the responsibility of your student to get missed information and materials- WSCA students must register for the make-up ELT. Gateway students must see Ms. Denisevich.
- Discuss course requests with your student. Please have a conversation at home about the balance of rigor. While multiple AP and Dual Enrollment courses are offered for upper grades, please consider a balanced workload and take into account extracurricular activities, athletics, family and volunteer/community service commitments.
- Student to input course requests into Powerschool.
Step 3: Student Individual Course Request Meetings- Help your student prepare for their individual registration meeting.
- Course Request Form should have student and parent signatures and forms ready, in the student’s backpack, prior to their meeting date listed below.
- Students are encouraged to write down any student or parent course request questions and bring them to their course request meeting
While every effort is made to place students into their preferred courses, please be aware that changes may occur due to course scheduling conflicts, curriculum resources and staffing availability.
We realize there may be various questions that arise as you go through this process. If you or your student has a question,
please ask according to the following staff assigned list:
Mrs. Womeldorf: incoming 7th, 9th and 11th grades
Mrs. Harris: incoming 8th, 10th and 12th grades
Mrs. Kling: support for various grade levels
Thank you for your support of your student and Western Sierra.