You must receive a job offer.
Fill out the Work Permit Application (B1-1) and have signed by a parent and your employer.
Complete Permit to Work (B1-4) by filling in personal information and signing.
Bring both forms into the College and Career Center to get approved and signed.
Check back with Mrs. B. for the signed permit.
- Allow up to 2 days for processing
- Take the Work Permit to your employer
Note: WSCA is closed the month of July, therefore you will need to get your form signed at the District Office. Contact Brigid Perakis firstname.lastname@example.org. WSCA will continue issuing work permits at the beginning of August.
General information about work permits:
- You must have a work permit from your high school in order to have a job.
- For assistance with completing the paperwork, contact Mrs. B. email@example.com (excluding summer break)
- Work permits are renewed annually at the start of school or when a student obtains a new job.
- Work permits serve as an age certificate and state the maximum hours a minor may work.
- Students have restricted working hours depending on their age
- You must attend school full time (except for summer vacation) and cannot be truant.
- All minors must be covered by Workers’ Compensation, including minors employed by businesses operating from a private residence.
- It is illegal for your employer to fire or punish you for reporting a workplace problem.
- Permits can be rescinded by poor or failing grades and unexcused attendance.
For additional information, visit the California Department of Education Work Permits for Students