My name is Chad Smith and I teach Physical Education and Weight Training here at Western Sierra. I began teaching at Western Sierra in the 2018-2019 school year and have an additional 10 years experience teaching Social Science as well. I graduated from Sonoma State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources. After a career in business proved unfulfilling, I went back to school at Sacramento State University to earn my teaching credential.
In my spare time, you can find me with my wife and 3 kids at Sunsplash, the movies or on the soccer field. In addition to teaching PE, I coach/train soccer teams and individual players. Currently, I coach my son’s competitive soccer team for Rocklin FC and my daughter’s recreational team for Rocklin rec as well.
Here are a few random facts about me that you might find interesting.
- I played soccer for Sonoma State University and won the National Championship in 2002
- I regularly attend Broadway musicals
- I love to BBQ for my friends and neighbors
- My wife owns and operates The Good Life Dog Daycare in Rocklin
- In my teaching career, I have taught grades K and 12 and everything in between
- My favorite quote: “No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.” -Nathaniel Hawthorne