Honor Code & C-Prep
Respect for Academic Honesty in all my scholastic efforts. I will at all times use my best efforts to accomplish the highest academic achievement of which I am capable. My words and my work will be free from deceit, plagiarism and misrepresentation.
Respect for Others in all my words, expressions and deeds. I will be kind and courteous to teachers, staff and fellow students and refrain from hurtful words and actions. I will respect people’s privacy. I will encourage others to pursue personal happiness and academic success in the school community.
Respect for Property at all times. I will treat my school as I would my home and the property of others as private and not to be touched without their permission. I will take pride in my campus and go out of my way to always insure that my school reflects the values and expectations of a quality learning and work environment.
Respect for Myself in everything I do. I understand that my academic work, my conduct with others, my attitude towards property, my personal honor and the honor of my school community are my personal responsibility. I will uphold this code by observing it myself and assisting my school peers in making self- honoring choices. I am committed to actively support the Western Sierra Honor Code and promise to faithfully follow these responsible, resourceful and respectful expectations.
- To work hard
- To do whatever it takes
- To dedicate the time and effort necessary to achieve success
- To become a life-long learner
- To be honorable, kind, generous, and empathetic
- To be in class on time
- With my homework
- To manage my time for tests, projects, and deadlines
- To be ready to participate
- Of myself – my body, my heritage, my own strengths and values
- Of others – no put downs; respect my family, my teachers, my classmates, people from different backgrounds, people in my community and around the world; I help other people out
- Of the space – stash my trash; take care of my stuff; clean up after myself; take care of my planet; and challenge others to do the same
- To make appropriate eye contact with others
- To participate in class and outside of class discussions
- To avoid one word answers
- To seek out interesting problems and make things better
- To give and receive feedback from peers and teachers with optimism
- By doing my Personal Best in everything I do
- By showing up on time and staying ‘til the end
- By being aware of the quality standards expected of me; meet or exceed them
- By using appropriate and intelligent language
- By wearing appropriate clothing at my school/professional workplace
- By using my own words and my own work free from deceit, plagiarism, and misrepresentation